The following guidelines may be adhered to while filling an application:
- Applicant has to apply for award under any category as per prescribed format.
- The innovation should either be an original product, process or an improvement on existing product or process so as to increase utility of the product or process by enhancing consumer advantages, like reduction in cost, effort, weight, volume and improvement in performance, accuracy, safety, product life, versatility, etc. The innovation should have been successfully tried out in practice.
- Mere theoretical hypothesis, innovation simply in the idea stage and perpetual motion machines are not eligible for consideration of an award.
- These awards will be given only to the industries who have contributed to the innovation.
- The awards are given to Indian industries only.
- The innovation should not be older or patent granted earlier than five years, at the time of submitting the application.
- The applicants may be required to show prototypes/working models to Prize Award Committee for demonstration, if necessary.
- An application is liable to be rejected if any information therein is found to be incorrect.
- The decision of Prize Award Committee on the proposals submitted for award will be final and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- The innovation may be referred to outside expert (s) working in Government organizations, research organizations, educational institutions and public sector organizations to evaluate the innovation. The name and opinion of these experts are kept strictly confidential.
- The contribution of the innovation towards employment generation may also be provided.
- Attach additional files wherever necessary along with the proper heading.